What to see & do in Los Angeles
Los Angeles is big – about 13 million people in the metro area! Part of travel is the spontaneity of being off any schedule, so take this as a grain of salt. The below are just tips to help you make the most of your time here, to really experience the best that LA has to offer.
Below is what we see with our friends & family when they’re in town – we hope it helps!
TIP: Check the weather, not for rain (rare) to plan these days (i.e. beach days), and minimize driving weekdays if possible – traffic during rush hour is rarely fun.
- THREE DAYS in Los Angeles – a fun whirlwind taste of LA:
- Hollywood + Museums + Downtown: A day of fun without driving.
- Beach Cities (check weather here to choose which day…) –
- Universal Studios + Hollywood Sign or Sunset Strip & Beverly Hills at night
- FIVE DAYS in L.A. – Do the above, and add….
- Mid-Wilshire – Farmer’s Market / The Grove, Peterson Car Museum, LACMA Art Museum…
- Pasadena & Glendale & Burbank
- One week in LA – the above, and add…
- Add a San Diego day trip, or Orange County
- See some sporting events, or get active. Hit Disneyland or Malibu.
- Only have a day or two? It happens…
- Longer Trips: 2 – 4 Weeks
Day Trips out of Los Angeles:
- Orange County
- San Diego
- Santa Barbara & Solvang