I’ll write this up soon, but the highlights are…
- Balboa Island. I just love the area, and if you have a spare $8,000,000 why not pick up a beach house? It’s nice, walkable, and a cute place to wander around, eat well, and feel like a California local.
- Balboa Fun Zone if you have kids or teens is a small old-school mini amusement park
- Laguna Beach. Just a nice posh area to hit the beach, see some art, enjoy some ice cream – the usual laid-back coastal fun.
- TIP: Laguna Beach art walk is Thursday night, so if you have a choice of days, Thursday is even better and more fun.
- International Surfing Museum is small, fun, quirky…
- Disneyland! You probably have heard of it, well, it’s in the neighborhood.
- Orange County Science Museum – great for smaller kids and science nerds like me. There’s an IMAX theater attached, and lots of hands-on exhibits.
- Medieval Times or the Pirate Adventure Dinner are both campy fun, perfect for young at heart, teens or kids, or drunk adults in no particular order. Pick a team and cheer ’em on.